BeyondAutism Schools offer teaching based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) using Analysis of Verbal Behaviour (VB). This is a data-driven, scientifically-based method which has proven to be effective in helping pupils with autism to be ready for learning.
We focus on the acquisition of functional skills, effective communication and developing behaviours that are conducive to learning. We provide them with strategies that enable them to regulate their emotions and have their voice heard. Our curriculum is mapped through Independent Education Plans, which form the basis of our teaching. Our approach includes:
- Consistently high targets for every individual aiming to achieve their full potential
- High quality, inspirational and innovative teaching and learning
- Involvement of a multidisciplinary team including therapists and teachers that ensure we deliver a well-rounded, and relevant curriculum for all our pupils
- A safe, secure, caring and enjoyable environment in which to work, learn, thrive and grow towards independence
- Inspirational and accountable leadership at all levels
- A personalised curriculum fit for the 21st Century
We see parental involvement as of great importance and actively encourage parents to be involved in their child’s education, providing support and information that helps us build strong partnerships.
Safeguarding is also paramount to our work and of increased importance due to the vulnerability and complex needs of our cohorts. Our internal and external supervision ratifies our internal judgements of the high-quality safeguarding procedures and processes.